John David Mann is an award-winning author whose books have sold more than 2 million copies in more than a dozen languages, including the New York Times bestseller The Red Circle (with former Navy SEAL sniper Brandon Webb) and the bestselling worldwide classic The Go-Giver (with Bob Burg). His Take the Lead (with Betsy Myers) was named by Tom Peters and the Washington Post as Best Leadership Book of 2011. John performed his first composition, a musical score for Aeschylus’s Prometheus Bound, in Greece, at the play’s original venue, when he was 13, and won the BMI Awards for Student Composers at 15. At 17 he spearheaded a group of students who founded their own high school, and after graduating joined the faculty. He concertized on the cello before turning to careers as an entrepreneur and author.
John David Mann Show Highlights:
- Go-givers vs Go-getters
- Steps to putting people first
- Are you a friend or a creditor?
- Give trust to get trust
- You only lead as far as you grow
- Assume the best of your people
- Leadership lessons from Navy SEAL Snipers
- The power of self-noticing
- What can I do to make the cranky colleague’s life 1% better
- Story of John starting his own school as a high school student
- Keep talking, keep thinking, keep dreaming
- Give away power and you’ll get more of it
John David Mann Resources:
Best Classical Music to Listen to According to John David Mann:
BachChaconne D Minor Violin
Brahms 3rd Symphony
Sibelius 5th Symphony
Some of John’s articles:
Join my hybrid group coaching
& leadership development community
Text BETTERMASTERMIND to 33444
Create winning cultures
Focus on the essential
Lead with courage & integrity
BECOME A PATRON OF THE SHOW FOR AS LITTLE AS $1/MONTH
DID YOU LIKE THE SHOW? iTunes SUBSCRIBE HERE!
SHOW SOME LOVE: PLEASE LEAVE A 5-STAR RATING AND REVIEW
Grab your FREE 15 Phrases of Effective School Leaders
Text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.
Website :: Facebook :: Insta :: Twitter :: LinkedIn
CSC Consulting Group: Catalyzing Sustainable Change
- Our mission is to support people in education and nonprofit organizations to improve processes and enhance the performance of their organizations.
- Our venture is a social enterprise and their vision is to catalyze sustainable change in our society one organization at a time
- Our home city is Chicago but their work can be done anywhere in the nation and they are actively looking for clients elsewhere
- Our current portfolio includes individual schools, nonprofit organizations, small and large districts and urban school systems
- Our team represents and shares a stake with the populations we serve
- We are strategic thought partners to leaders of public sector organizations
- We ideates, builds and maintains easy-to-understand data tools using the latest analytics technology
SCHOOL SPIRIT VENDING
- Hassle-free, year-round fundraising for your school. With School Spirit Vending, we do all the work, you just cash the check
- Increase school spirit with custom stickers for your school and raise funds at the same time -no upfront costs, no volunteers, no selling
- Sick of the same old ways of raising money for your school? Let School Spirit Vending's hassle-free, year-round fundraising program supplement the other fundraisers you're already doing.
- SSV is also giving away the Top 10 School Fundraising Ideas for 2017. Download the guide here.
Copyright © 2017 Better Leaders Better Schools