Katie Martin works with districts and individual schools to facilitate teacher innovation through sustained, personalized professional learning. With a focus on developing the global competencies of all students, Katie works with instructional leaders to support and empower teachers to integrate technology and transform learning, teaching, and leading.
Prior to joining USD, Katie Martin spent 10 years in Hawai’i on the Leeward Coast of O’ahu. teaching middle school English language arts and was the school based literacy coach. Katie continued as a new teacher mentor and coordinator of district programs to support and retain effective teachers.
Katie Martin Highlights:
- how a decreased interest in education led to a career in education
- the importance of choice in the classroom for all involved
- the importance of designing curriculum for the students you have in front of you
- the keys to empowering your staff and students
- difference between not showing up and getting out of the way
- creating an “open door” culture so teachers can learn from each other
- share more student work
- push through the fear … start the process
- the importance of highlighting the positives and growth
- focus on people’s strengths
Do you need accountability?
Text BETTERMASTERMIND to 33444
Daniel wants to work with you
and help you accelerate
your leadership development
and increase your impact.
Text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.