Better Leaders Better Schools guest Trenton Goble spent a twenty-years career in public schools. He taught several grade levels, served as an assistant principal, and was an elementary school principal for eleven years. As an administrator, he won numerous awards for innovation and educational excellence, including Rookie Principal of the Year and Principal Innovator of the Year.
In 2009 Trenton co-founded MasteryConnect, a mastery learning platform designed to help K-12 educators measure student growth against any set of standards. In 2012 he left his position as a principal to become the MasteryConnect Chief Learning Officer. In this role, he remains a passionate advocate for American educators, traveling the country helping schools and districts implement mastery learning.
Trenton married his high school sweetheart, Amy, who is now a history teacher. They live in Salt Lake City with their two children, Elliott and Maggie. He holds an M.Ed in Instructional Technology from Utah State University.
In this episode you will learn:
- the evolution of education … maybe for the worse
- why autonomy is so important to success
- the difference between high stakes testing vs common formative assessments
- the BIG 3
- why assessments should be in the hands of teachers
- where do you place your emphasis?
- are you communicating what grades mean to your community?
- be engaged in the school
- go to where the problems are and solve them
- be patient
- why you should replace your staff meeting with 5 minute standing meetings
- want to be a hero at your school? stop wasting teachers’ time!
Do you need accountability?
Text BETTERMASTERMIND to 33444
Daniel wants to work with you
and help you accelerate
your leadership development
and increase your impact.
Text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.