Dr. Philip D. Lanoue has a demonstrated record in leading school transformation at the building and district levels, creating new instructional models, improving student performance, and building positive community and school relationships. He is the 2015 AASA National Superintendent of the Year, as well as the 2015 Georgia Superintendent of the Year. Dr. Lanoue served as principal for 18 years in four high schools in Massachusetts and Vermont, his home state. He was named the Vermont NASSP Principal of the Year while principal of Burlington High School. Lanoue is one of the nation’s top 50 educational innovators in digital learning as named by Converge magazine. His work in supervision and evaluation has been recognized by the University of Georgia (UGA). He is an Adjunct professor at the University of Georgia, and he was a leading contributor in designing one of the nation’s top Professional Development School Districts in partnership with UGA. He has written extensively on the new role of leaders with internationally-renowned expert Dr. Sally Zepeda.
Philip Lanoue Show Highlights:
- How to serve every child in a school and district
- In high poverty areas, if we don’t get it right, our kids are gone
- Phil’s 3 questions every educator must ask
- List what you DO and DON’T DO for all kids. Get rid of the DON’T DO in a week
- Looking at tough data is not about beating people up
- Relationships are key and truly understanding students
- If you’re teaching, someone must be learning
- You have to make concessions if all kids are going to learn
- Adults have to take risks with kids
- How schools and districts can work with the community to serve all kids
- The role as a leader is to ask a lot of questions
- The metrics that lead to success
- Clarity vs Ambiguity
- Make decisions based on what you believe and what your community believes
- Conversation walks
Join my hybrid group coaching
& leadership development community
Text BETTERMASTERMIND to 33444
Create winning cultures
Focus on the essential
Lead with courage & integrity
BECOME A PATRON OF THE SHOW FOR AS LITTLE AS $1/MONTH
DID YOU LIKE THE SHOW? iTunes SUBSCRIBE HERE!
SHOW SOME LOVE: PLEASE LEAVE A 5-STAR RATING AND REVIEW
Grab your FREE 15 Phrases of Effective School Leaders
Text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.
Website :: Facebook :: Insta :: Twitter :: LinkedIn
CSC Consulting Group: Catalyzing Sustainable Change
- Our mission is to support people in education and nonprofit organizations to improve processes and enhance the performance of their organizations.
- Our venture is a social enterprise and their vision is to catalyze sustainable change in our society one organization at a time
- Our home city is Chicago but their work can be done anywhere in the nation and they are actively looking for clients elsewhere
- Our current portfolio includes individual schools, nonprofit organizations, small and large districts and urban school systems
- Our team represents and shares a stake with the populations we serve
- We are strategic thought partners to leaders of public sector organizations
- We ideates, builds and maintains easy-to-understand data tools using the latest analytics technology
SCHOOL SPIRIT VENDING
- Hassle-free, year-round fundraising for your school. With School Spirit Vending, we do all the work, you just cash the check
- Increase school spirit with custom stickers for your school and raise funds at the same time -no upfront costs, no volunteers, no selling
- Sick of the same old ways of raising money for your school? Let School Spirit Vending's hassle-free, year-round fundraising program supplement the other fundraisers you're already doing.
- SSV is also giving away the Top 10 School Fundraising Ideas for 2017. Download the guide here.
Copyright © 2017 Better Leaders Better Schools