Demetrius Ball is a current AP at Dougherty Valley HS. Demetrius served in the Army before becoming an educator. He met his wife in college as a freshmen at West Point and together they have 4 incredible kids. This year he has become passionate in long distance running.
Demetrius Ball Show Highlights:
- How his military experience impacted his leadership style
- The struggle of being a connected educator
- How Demetrius tells the story of his school through a podcast
- Bridging the communication gap through a podcast
- The tools Demetrius uses for podcasting
- Why Demetrius is a big proponent to Restorative Practices
- How Restorative Practices deals with root causes
- Building ownership within the staff regarding Restorative Practices
- Are you really listening and reflecting on the conversations you are having?
Demetrius Ball Resources:
Demetrius Ball Contact Info
Download the “7 Secrets of Restorative Practice” here
Show Some Love
Join my hybrid group coaching
& leadership development community
Text BETTERMASTERMIND to 33444
Grab your FREE 15 Phrases of Effective School Leaders
Text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.
Website :: Facebook :: Insta :: Twitter :: LinkedIn
- Organized Binder is an evidence-based RTI2 Tier 1 universal level solution
- Focuses on improving executive functioning and noncognitive skills
- Is in direct alignment with the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework
- Is an integral component for ensuring Least Restrictive Environments (LRE)
You can learn more and improve your student’s success at https://organizedbinder.com/
Mastery Leadership Institute
Have you ever thought, “Educators are great at collecting data — but how do teachers use that data in real time?”
- This Mastery Leadership Institute is an intensive, three-day professional development retreat facilitated by nationally recognized principals.
- Educators will be immersed in full-day workshops focused on strategies to effectively use data to target interventions, personalize learning, and evaluate instructional efficacy.
- Attendees are part of a dedicated cohort that will meet in monthly coaching sessions with other like-minded educators from across the country.
- Transform the data culture in your school and get your teachers using data in just two days, with proven strategies like the 48-hour Challenge.
- True school transformation is only possible when educators are empowered to use the data they collect to immediately impact teaching and learning.
- Learn more about the Mastery Leadership Institute including upcoming dates and locations here.
Copyright © 2018 Better Leaders Better Schools