is a board member of both the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) and US2020, the White House initiative to build mentorship in STEM careers. Drawn from her 15 years of mentoring inner-city high-school students, her proven Project Based Mentorship model provides an intuitive and scalable way to transform education inside high schools, community colleges, universities, and after-school programs. She is also the author of the new book TEACH TO WORK: How a Mentor, a Mentee, and a Project Can Close the Skills Gap in America
(Taylor & Francis; 2017).
Patty Apler Show Highlights
- The perceptions of the skills gap
- What can be done with the skills gap?
- Whose responsibility is it?
- What is this new culture of innovation?
- Can corporations align better with schools?
- What would a partnership look like?
- Google’s culture of innovation
- How can we best prepare kids for the future?
- Examples of projects that students have completed
- Where to find mentors
Patty Alper Resources
Show Some Love
Join my hybrid group coaching
& leadership development community
Text BETTERMASTERMIND to 33444
Grab your FREE 15 Phrases of Effective School Leaders
Text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.
- Organized Binder is an evidence-based RTI2 Tier 1 universal level solution
- Focuses on improving executive functioning and noncognitive skills
- Is in direct alignment with the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework
- Is an integral component for ensuring Least Restrictive Environments (LRE)
- You can learn more and improve your student’s success at https://organizedbinder.com/
- Hassle-free, year-round fundraising for your school. With School Spirit Vending, we do all the work, you just cash the check
- Increase school spirit with custom stickers for your school and raise funds at the same time -no upfront costs, no volunteers, no selling
- Sick of the same old ways of raising money for your school? Let School Spirit Vending's hassle-free, year-round fundraising program supplement the other fundraisers you're already doing.
- SSV is also giving away the Top 10 School Fundraising Ideas for 2018. Download the guide here.
Copyright © 2018 Better Leaders Better Schools