Jess Hutchinson is the principal at the amazing Avoca West Elementary School in Glenview, just north of Chicago.
This is her 4th year in the role, 6th as an administrator. There is nothing else sheâ€™d rather be doing!
Prior to being an administrator, Jess was a teacher in middle school and elementary school for 12 years. She also has experience as a literacy coach.
Jess loves to support teachers to stretch themselves to be their very best for their students.
Finally, Jess is the mom of 2, Nate and Kyra.
Jess Hutchinson Show Highlights:
- Are you the leader you needed as a teacher? Are you the teacher you needed as a student?
- I am a Mom. What that looks like in the school setting and of course at home!
- When you leave work, leave work â€¦
- How Jess unplugs from work
- Her â€œTop 4â€ method for focus
- Be a â€œCriss-cross apple-sauceâ€ principal
- Integrating risk taking into the B.R.A.V.E. â€œVikingâ€ culture
- Are you courageous enough to ask your team, â€œWhere do I need to grow?â€
Jess Hutchinson Resources:
Jess Hutchinson Contact Info
Download the Create Your Top 4 Goals here
Show Some Love
Join my hybrid group coaching
& leadership development community
Text BETTERMASTERMIND to 33444
Text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.
- Organized Binder is an evidence-based RTI2 Tier 1 universal level solution
- Focuses on improving executive functioning and noncognitive skills
- Is in direct alignment with the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework
- Is an integral component for ensuring Least Restrictive Environments (LRE)
You can learn more and improve your studentâ€™s success at https://organizedbinder.com/
Mastery Leadership Institute
Have you ever thought, â€œEducators are great at collecting data â€” but how do teachers use that data in real time?â€
- This Mastery Leadership Institute is an intensive, three-day professional development retreat facilitated by nationally recognized principals.
- Educators will be immersed in full-day workshops focused on strategies to effectively use data to target interventions, personalize learning, and evaluate instructional efficacy.
- Attendees are part of a dedicated cohort that will meet in monthly coaching sessions with other like-minded educators from across the country.
- Transform the data culture in your school and get your teachers using data in just two days, with proven strategies like the 48-hour Challenge.
- True school transformation is only possible when educators are empowered to use the data they collect to immediately impact teaching and learning.
- Learn more about the Mastery Leadership Institute including upcoming dates and locations here.
Copyright Â© 2018 Better Leaders Better Schools