Joshua Spodek is an Adjunct Professor at NYU, leadership coach and workshop leader for Columbia Business School, columnist for Inc., founder of Spodek Academy
, and author of Leadership Step by Step
(launching February 2017).
He has led seminars in leadership, entrepreneurship, creativity, and sales at Harvard, Princeton, MIT, INSEAD (Singapore), the New York Academy of Science, and in private corporations. He holds five Ivy League degrees, including a PhD in Astrophysics and an MBA, and studied under a Nobel Prize winner. He helped build an X-ray observational satellite for NASA, co-founded and led as CEO or COO several ventures, and holds six patents.
He earned praise as “Best and Brightest” (Esquire Magazine’s Genius Issue), “Astrophysicist turned new media whiz” (NBC), and “Rocket Scientist” (ABC News and Forbes) and has been quoted and profiled by ABC, CBS, NBC, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal. He has visited North Korea twice, swam across the Hudson River, and has done burpees every day for six years and counting. He lives in Greenwich Village and blogs daily at www.joshuaspodek.com
Josh Spodek originally appeared on Episode 079.
Josh Spodek Show Highlights
- Science is about the beauty of nature
- Josh’s interest in conservation
- How depravation and sacrifice learned to discovery and joy
- Do you suppress information that doesn’t align with your beliefs
- The power of living your values
- Your life gets better as a result of change
- Have you influenced 1 today?
- What is your daily challenge?
- And have you challenged someone to something today?
- Doing hard things builds experience that will push you through future challenges
Josh Spodek Resources: