Better Leaders Better Schools guest Tom Hierck has been an educator since 1983 in a career that has spanned all grade levels and roles in public education. His experiences as a teacher, administrator, district leader, department of education project leader, and executive director have provided a unique context for his education philosophy.
Tom Hierck was originally on my show in EP 056
Tom Hierck Show Highlights:
- I wish I always got it right, but I didn’t.
- Speaking to the essence of positive learning environment
- The start of the day is our one chance to win
- Focus on students and make school the best 6 hours of their day
- Create an elevating culture
- Standing meetings sharing the good news
- Kids first agendas
- How writing a solo book is challenging
- Teacher presence
- The difference between expectations and rules
- How to inspire hope for a new school year
- The most amazing feedback activity for teachers to give students
- Do we turn to each other or against each other?
Tom Hierck Resources
Move from direct, to correct, to connect.
Join my hybrid group coaching
& leadership development community
Text BETTERMASTERMIND to 33444
Create winning cultures
Focus on the essential
Lead with courage & integrity
BECOME A PATRON OF THE SHOW FOR AS LITTLE AS $1/MONTH
DID YOU LIKE THE SHOW? iTunes SUBSCRIBE HERE!
SHOW SOME LOVE: PLEASE LEAVE A 5-STAR RATING AND REVIEW
Grab your FREE 15 Phrases of Effective School Leaders
Text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.
Website :: Facebook :: Insta :: Twitter :: LinkedIn
SCHOOL SPIRIT VENDING
- Hassle-free, year-round fundraising for your school. With School Spirit Vending, we do all the work, you just cash the check
- Increase school spirit with custom stickers for your school and raise funds at the same time -no upfront costs, no volunteers, no selling
- Sick of the same old ways of raising money for your school? Let School Spirit Vending's hassle-free, year-round fundraising program supplement the other fundraisers you're already doing.