Colin Hogan is Head of School at Learning Community Charter School. From 2010-2013 he was the Social Studies Coordinator for the Highland Park School District. He taught 6th grade history in Highland Park from 2004-2010. Prior to coming to Highland Park Mr. Hogan taught at Princeton Charter School. Mr. Hogan began his career in education in 1999 teaching at the Academy of Communications and Technology and at the Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School in Chicago. He has won numerous awards for teaching and was recognized as New Jersey History Teacher of the Year in 2013. Before becoming a teacher he worked as a community organizer in both Israel and New York City. Mr. Hogan earned his Bachelor of Arts in History at Indiana University, pursued graduate studies in Early Adolescent Education at Bank Street College of Education, and at the NJExcel program. Mr. Hogan currently serves as President of the Kean University Diversity Council the state's premier prejudice reduction and Holocaust education consortium for NJ schools.
- Giving everyone a seat at the table
- The power of student focus groups
- Why Michelle Obama didn’t give Colin a job
- How to make a difference through social justice
- What a school that runs a post-office and has a therapy dog operates
- An amazing 8th grade activity to push kids outside the “bubble”
- Leadership is lonely
- Put your invisible megaphone away
- How the mastermind has helped his school leadership
- Leading for long-term change
- Why you should avoid saying “from now on …”
Join my hybrid group coaching
& leadership development community
Text BETTERMASTERMIND to 33444
Create winning cultures
Focus on the essential
Lead with courage & integrity
BECOME A PATRON OF THE SHOW FOR AS LITTLE AS $1/MONTH
DID YOU LIKE THE SHOW? iTunes SUBSCRIBE HERE!
SHOW SOME LOVE: PLEASE LEAVE A 5-STAR RATING AND REVIEW
Grab your FREE 15 Phrases of Effective School Leaders
Text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.
Website :: Facebook :: Insta :: Twitter :: LinkedIn
SCHOOL SPIRIT VENDING
- Hassle-free, year-round fundraising for your school. With School Spirit Vending, we do all the work, you just cash the check
- Increase school spirit with custom stickers for your school and raise funds at the same time -no upfront costs, no volunteers, no selling
- Sick of the same old ways of raising money for your school? Let School Spirit Vending's hassle-free, year-round fundraising program supplement the other fundraisers you're already doing.