Eric Barker’s humorous, practical blog, Barking Up the Wrong Tree, presents science-based answers and expert insight on how to be awesome at life. Over 290,000 people subscribe to his weekly newsletter and his content is syndicated by Time Magazine, The Week, and Business Insider. He has been featured in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic Monthly, and the Financial Times. With a writing career spanning over 20 years, Eric is also a sought-after speaker and interview subject, and has been invited to speak at MIT, Yale, West Point, the University of Pennsylvania, NPR affiliates, and on morning television. His first book, Barking Up The Wrong Tree, will be released by HarperCollins on May 16th.
"The future is already here, it’s just not evenly distributed” - William Gibson
Eric Barker Show Highlights
- Why extroverts aren’t better leaders
- How a focus on research with a touch of warmth and emotion amplified his influence
- Technology is a tool
- 5 questions that will make you emotionally strong
- The benefits of meditation
- How Stoicism can help you make better choices
- Do you think enough about your thoughts? You can change those!
- Why you should frame challenges as a game
- The story of starting Barking Up the Wrong Tree
- Are the maxims we here even true (e.g. nice guys finish last)
- Filtered vs unfiltered leaders
- Gratitude will make you awesome at life
Eric Barker Resources