Better Leaders Better Schools guest Don Wettrick is the Innovation Coordinator at Noblesville High School, just outside Indianapolis, IN. He is the author of "Pure Genius: Building a Culture of Innovation and Taking 20% Time to the Next Level." Wettrick has worked as a middle school and high school teacher; educational and innovation consultant; and educational speaker. Don is passionate about helping students find their educational opportunities and providing them with the digital tools they need to give them a competitive edge.
Don has lectured across the US and Europe about collaboration, social media use, and work environments that enable innovation. He was was honored by Centric for the Indiana Innovation Award for his work in innovation and education. Most importantly Don works with educators, students, and entrepreneurs to bring innovation and collaborative skills into education.
In this episode you will learn:
- how to use “don’t touch the stove-top” leadership
- why not adopting failure is at your own peril
- school shouldn’t be about “the grade"
- 2 powerful questions to ask our students - What do you love? … What bothers you?
- why inviting others to the table matters
- how to run a ROTH IRA class
- the importance of doing what you said you would do
text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.